13.2.20

[OBDF 310] Parametric Vessel

Parametric Vessel: Grasshopper to Plaster


For this assignment:

  • I developed 3 definitions for parametric vessels in Grasshopper. 
  • I "baked" the designs into Rhino, adjusted (i.e. Cap, ExtrudeSrf (top) 10 mm, BooleanUnion, Copy, Split, ExtrudeSrf (cross section of half vessel), DupFaceBorder), and exported the objects to stereolithography files. 
  • I uploaded the stereolithography files into Slic3r and 3D printed the vessels (full and half of each design) with PLA filament.  
  • I laser cut match-plates (using the DupFaceBorder curve in Rhino).
  • I cast two-part molds in plaster for each design.

Below are screenshots of my definitions, renders, and photos of the 3D printed mold positives.


Coming soon --> pics of the 2-part plaster molds!


     i) Cup 1





     ii) Cup (zig-zag)





     iii) Cup (Polygon --> Circle)





     iv) Cup (Polygon --> Circle v. 2)






1 comment: